Baby Food Mills Review
In between all the baby related activities new parents have to learn how to do properly is the feeding. The food your baby will be able to eat depends on how many months old they are, as new food is introduced slowly during the growth process to make sure they can digest it and adapt to it adequately.
The first baby food stage is puree, which means that you will have to mash meat and vegetables into an edible pulp for your baby. There are several ways to do this, and you can use your good old blender or purchase a new kitchen device designed for the job, like the mills we will be reviewing.
Baby food mills are especially useful when it comes to portability because they usually come in smaller versions than other gadgets, allowing you to carry it in the diaper bag when going out for the day. They also offer the possibility of making small portions of puree in case you are not into making big batches every time.
We will be examining three different baby food mills, listing their features, pros, and cons in order to help you out on your search. Remember that in the end, no matter which one you choose, making food for your baby should be a fun activity, introducing new ingredients as they grow and making you slightly a better chef as times passes by!
Infantino Squeeze Station
Infantino’s Squeeze Station is an innovative device that allows you to make puree and store it into single pouches right away, saving you storing time. It is a dishwasher and free safe product, perfect to feed your baby at the puree stage.
- Holds up to 4 ounce of your homemade puree
- Dishwasher safe
- Includes 1-squeeze station, 3-tubes, 1-press and 10-squeeze pouches
- Soft rubber press allows for easy grip
- Non-skid base
- Freezer safe
- BPA, PVC, phthalate free
- Perfect for babies, toddlers and preschool lunches
- The tubes have clear windows that allow you to see the food processing inside, and do correct measurements
- You can fill three tubes with puree at the same time
- The pouches have labeling space on the back side
- The caps are child safe, preventing from accidental spilling
- Pouches are single-served, and ready to go
- All the pieces nest together for easy storage
- The pieces cannot be sterilized or go through any type of heat process as the plastic does not hold up against high heats
The Fresh Squeeze Station by Infantino is definitely a worthy product to acquire. It has an affordable price and allows you to make not so big, but not so small batches of puree at the same time. The single pouches for serving come super useful to keep food organized, or even putting into your toddler’s lunch, once they have grown up a bit, meaning this food station is something you will be using for a long time.
Kidalog Baby Food Mill Grinder
The Kidalog Mill Grinder is a well-known Canadian product that will last you for very long time thanks to its stainless steel pieces that make great puree out of vegetables, fruits and meat. It is a hand operate mill completely portable.
- Sturdy: cutting blade and stainless steel strainer
- Transportable: perfect for travel, visiting, and for home use
- The top rack is dishwasher safe
- Can be used with meat, vegetables and fruits
- Metal grinding disc, and quality blade system
- Hand operated
- BPA free materials
- Its design allows you to take it with you when you go out for a picnic or a trip
- It is operated by hand so you do not have to worry about batteries or electrical plugs
- It disassembles quickly for easier cleaning, and the top rack is dishwasher safe
- Works great with meat in comparison to similar baby food mills
- Long lasting materials make it work even six or seven years later, if used properly
- All metal parts are stainless
- Because of its portability, the scale is not too big so you will have to make several batches of puree in one run
This baby food mill and grinder by Kidalog is one of a kind. It will not only allow you to make great veggies and meat purees wherever you are, but it will last long enough to help you out with future kids! Its stainless steel blades and grinding disc are long lasting, and it is hand operated so you do not have to worry to charge it, plug it in, or buy new batteries when they run out.
KidCo BabySteps Electric Food Mill – White
The Babysteps Food Mill is an electric version of the mill that allows you to blend or puree food by just pressing one button. The pieces are BPA free plastic and stainless steel, making it a long-lasting kitchen gadget.
- It is made of plastic
- It has an efficient design: the BabySteps Electric Food Mill includes a two-cup bowl
- Non-slip bottom for safety
- Button for pulsating rotations which blends the food without actually pureeing it
- A blender attachment is included for when you want to puree your infant’s meals
- It’s free of contaminants and chemicals like BPA’s and phthalates that might poison your baby’s food
- All parts are safe for the dishwasher excluding the motor and housing. To rinse those specific pieces, just wipe clean with soap and a moist cloth
- Super easy to clean thanks to its dishwasher safe design
- Base and grip designed to prevent slipping
- It has a snap-on lid
- Blades and strainers are made from stainless steel
- The plastic can get discolored with food that has strong colors like carrot or beet
- The food mill has 6 pieces, which means it can take some time to disassemble and clean
KidCo BabySteps food mill is a great option for those who do not like hand-operated devices, and although it has many small pieces that need to be cleaned up, they are all dishwasher safe so you do not have to worry too much about them.